A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3advanced

:// Mind Over Matter

Awesome Flash Animation! 3Advanced!

Last edited by Advanced Tech; 12-16-2003 at 11:42 PM.

Extremelly well done. Love the ambiance and the graphics alike. It all fits together great. No real crits except that the header animation loop gets a little iritating having those waves go back and forth like that. Think up something a little more fitting that doesnt abrubtly stop and start.

Great stuff.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Very clean and smooth.
    Can't wait for the finished result.

very nice, but remove the option menu from the .swf

very nice work. very clean, nice graphics. For the wave animation, you may want to put two overlaid copies of the animation each with 50% transparency and start the second one half way through the first animation playback. Now that i wrote that i'm not sure if it would work right, but anyway, beautiful graphics. Great talent showcased here. My only other suggestion is that the font at the top may look better if there is a gradient and drop shadow or maybe just a drop shadow used. Or perhaps just a different font. Great stuff keeep it up.

check my thread if you get a chance:http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=515846

Mind Over Matter

Hey thnx for the positive feedback so far!

To the reply of the poster above me, I don't understand why you would want the wave effect to be overlayed with the identical transparent...also, I will edit the fonts and move the text around since you are right about that part.

The new slogan for it will be: Mind Over Matter

will eat you alive
    The 'sound on / off' top right is very pixelated. Practically illegible.

And the water effect is clearly stops and reverses, although I think this has already been addressed?

Other than that, nothing to complain about! Real nice composition and good mixture of different media.

I really like the juxtaposition of the futuristic 'frames' and the organic look of the brown background.

Iron out the niggly faults and it'll be a class production!

The 'sound on / off' top right is very pixelated. Practically illegible.

And the water effect is clearly stops and reverses, although I think this has already been addressed?

Well, the sound/off button I will fix right now. Thanks for addressing that.

As far as the water effect goes, I don't see what is wrong with the stop and reverse...I actually think it looks great!

Any other feedback would be appreciated!

will eat you alive
    I don't see what is wrong with the stop and reverse...I actually think it looks great
    Well, yeah...if that's the effect you were after all power to you!

I agree that it looks good, just not realistic at the point it reverses is all.

i dont know if it's been said, but as a suggestion, you might want to eliminate the flash menu on right mouse click.

did you purposely make it so that you can see the water/blur move, stop and switch direction?

i personally like it. the detail in your artwork is really nice.

Actually, instead of reversing I will re-edit it to go back to frame 1 at the end of its loop...

Also, what should I ADD into the flash or html?

Should I have a guestbook or feedback form?

Should I include somekind of message board? I have no idea on what to do lol.

Also, I was thinking to change the colors of the header flash for every page. Main page is green and I would make the other pages like red, yellow, darker green, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

will eat you alive
    Hey, I just went there with my speakers on!

Great job on the sounds, really adds to the atmosphere. Dark and brooding, right in my zone, as it were.

Oh and
    Code:
    <param name="menu" value="false">
    is what everyone keeps going on about with the menu, although I don't know whether you're keeping the menu in deliberately as you develop it.

I really like the water effect, how did you get that to look so real,

photoshop, 2 or 3 layers with the plastic effect or something, compiled with flash??

Great site

Can't tell you what I did exactly...since the site has been up 3 days and I already had people trying to rip it. So now everything is like top secret . Let's just say it was photoshop and flash combined...

Also, I have been working on the site OFF-server for a while and I have improved its content, little bit of the flash, and some javascript AWESOME features like blinking links (my favorite javascript code) and some other things. Expect to see the final version tomorrow or friday!

Keep the feedback coming guys so I can improve more!

Also, I have 1 Question. Do you guys think this site can win any awards when it's all done?

will eat you alive
    the site has been up 3 days and I already had people trying to rip it
    Blimey, those b*stards work fast these days.

Funny, I'd've thought that people like that would be too lazy to rip stuff if they're too lazy to have any ideas of their own!

Anyone know of any decent security related threads to combat this?

Actually, I don't!

These are the attempts of trying to secure it and they all backfire:

1. Securing the flash by removing menu (for pausing and taking frames 1 by 1)
    - Back fired with the PRNT SCRN command.

2. Securing the HTML by removing the right click button to view source.
    - Back fired with the ability to press View > Source on the top of the Internet Explorer bar.

3. Using HTML Guardian to encrypt source.
    - HTML Guardian has pop ups which totally sucks and is unprofessional. Even if you have it HTML Guardianed, the user can download HTML Guardian, take the encrypted source, and UNencrpyt it using the same EXACT tool: HTML Guardian (thats how stupid that tool is btw).

4. Removing Right Click on HTML to protect images.
    - You can just view source and take its path and then save it.

5. Having any .SWF file on your site.
    - Back fired with the ability of having a SWF Decompiler which saves the .swf file from any site onto your pc and then you may export it into images, gifs, texts, and whatever else you can think of!

There is NO WAY you can fully secure a site. If you have any .swf it would be wise to put your site url on it somewhere so the person doesn't steal it using the Decompiler!

Also, this is a suggestion to those that sell templates. Don't ever give an URL to a site witht he template or don't even give a preview of the template in full screen. You will get it stolen...

what font?

Nicely done so far...do you mind? What's the font you used for "Matt's Portolio" at the top?

Very good work, my only beef is the graphics took a little longer than usual to load (even on DSL)...but that said, it was worth the wait!
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

ft75 font. I got it with a font package. I put it up for download at http://68.161.93.197:90/ft75.zip. I have over 300 fonts lol.

Also, I am working on a new portfolio design. I am going cartoon wise. Also, if any1 is really good in Flash and wants to team up with me for an Inc that sells our made templates then please Email me, AIM me, or post here!

The new cartoon design will probably be based on the popular Grand Theft Auto games. I still haven't decided if it will go for my template sale or portfolio folder...

All I can say is taht if anybody is interested, then please contact me asap. You must know VERY good flash and some HTML knowledge.

I is r gooded at stuff
    Originally posted by Advanced Tech
    Can't tell you what I did exactly...since the site has been up 3 days and I already had people trying to rip it. So now everything is like top secret . Let's just say it was photoshop and flash combined...

Also, I have been working on the site OFF-server for a while and I have improved its content, little bit of the flash, and some javascript AWESOME features like blinking links (my favorite javascript code) and some other things. Expect to see the final version tomorrow or friday!

Keep the feedback coming guys so I can improve more!

Also, I have 1 Question. Do you guys think this site can win any awards when it's all done?
    LOL!!

You seriously almost made me wet my pants with that statement. Its ok to use a template but, dont try to pawn it off as your own rofl. I seen this thing a while back on template monster and then found it again here.
    So anyone with 70 bucks could have this same site and say others ripped him off too rofl thanks for the laughs.

you are sad my man

Advanced tech you are sad. If you have the original psd's, png's and fla, why are you sweating? If you are just a plagerist, you need to be out of here Homey.