A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: so you whole lot want a challenge???!!!! open to everyone

so you whole lot want a challenge???!!!! open to everyone

now you're gonna have some. the project is currently for my website, but since i'm bored we'll have it here too

the idea:
    -i set a theme to start : outrageous
    -the theme carries with it a vector-typo element that must be used in the next volley
    -the challenger has to convey with that element in combination with whatever he adds the word theme presented.
    -once he has his volley posted he sets a new theme, and chooses one element from HIS/HER volley for the next challenger

no queues, no lists. if more than one person decide to work on the previous volley, then both volleys are accepted and the next challengers can work from whichever 'route' they like.

hope you understood.

...now, some tips :
    -the objective is to get a bunch of original images to inspire us all no matter the level of artistry.
    - to make more fun out of it choose diffcult elements (vector are always neutral) taking into account wht theme you're gonna propose:
    eg. theme : hapyness / element: angry face
    this way the next challenger will have it difficult

anyway here is the first volley. you don't need to include all the element (text does not count this time), but a portion is ok. it is like a normal ps battle but with the difficulty they choose for you what you are going to use for your reply.

[size=1]just for those that may find my font a bit "achy"

-there is no specified canvas size from now on
    -no more than 100k (more or less)
    -jpg/gif/png format, whatever you like. if this works hope so we could even have some animated vector works with flash.
    -no time limit, post when you want, or if you feel bored.
    Last edited by gerbick; 09-09-2003 at 12:36 AM.

no one? pitty. think it would have been fun. i mean there's no winner here. just a permanent image bank that keeps going.

anyway seems the arena is too dead these days.

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    Actually it is a good idea, nice one. I'm a goner til Thursday, but can jump in after that.

<3
    I'll give this a try..

ok. I'm in. who wants to start it off. nayades, saint?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

As soon as I see the first volley, I'l decide if I even have a chance.
    Last edited by I_am_TheFlasher; 09-08-2003 at 08:05 PM.

Interaktiv Xperience (TM) Nightfall's Avatar
    I'm up for it
    USDA certified Organic.

following nayades original outrageous theme, I submit my image... click to see the image...

and I segue with my theme, which is also embedded in my volley: trendwhore...

based upon gerbicks theme trendwhore
    my theme: rainy days
    style: photographic chaos

http://www.nightfallinteractive.com/theme_rain.gif
    Last edited by Nightfall; 09-09-2003 at 07:04 PM.
    USDA certified Organic.

anyone gonna volley?
    USDA certified Organic.

I would, but I'm not "Adult" enough. And If I did, it would probobly get taken down, by somone we all know...

I don't see why it would get taken down if you keep it within the given theme
    USDA certified Organic.

I dont see how your guys' themes came from the origanol. HOw does outrageous trun into trendwhore?

I am severely not in the mood to babysit any longer...

Either prove you're capable of following the thread with posting something that follows the intended theme, or don't. Nobody is asking you to do anything else.

And for the very last time; outrageous was the vector text that was carried over to my theme, which was turned to trendwhore which was carried over (the text) to rainy days which was to be taken over, via nayade's specified rules to whomever was next. You didn't do it. You seem incapable of following that flow.

It's all visual. It was going fine until your post. And I can't help it that you can not see the progression.

There are other battles in the Arena. Or just go back to chatting in the Coffee Lounge.

And antagonizing me a day after the fact is not an "adult" thing. Rather childish IMHO.

mmkay?
    Last edited by gerbick; 09-09-2003 at 07:40 PM.

Where did I put that pen?
    Hope I'm following the rules correctly...

http://lincoln.tool.com/graphics/collage/gasworks.jpg

Previous theme: Rainy days
    My theme: Short on time

L

hey , ltheiler1! welcome to the arena... and yes. You followed the rules almost to the final detail. but hey, this thread continues... good work mang!

Originally posted by gerbick
    I am severely not in the mood to babysit any longer...

Either prove you're capable of following the thread with posting something that follows the intended theme, or don't. Nobody is asking you to do anything else.

And for the very last time; outrageous was the vector text that was carried over to my theme, which was turned to trendwhore which was carried over (the text) to rainy days which was to be taken over, via nayade's specified rules to whomever was next. You didn't do it. You seem incapable of following that flow.

It's all visual. It was going fine until your post. And I can't help it that you can not see the progression.

There are other battles in the Arena. Or just go back to chatting in the Coffee Lounge.

And antagonizing me a day after the fact is not an "adult" thing. Rather childish IMHO.

mmkay?

*searches for big "OWNED" picture*

Where did I put that pen?
    Originally posted by gerbick
    hey , ltheiler1! welcome to the arena... and yes. You followed the rules almost to the final detail. but hey, this thread continues... good work mang!

-bowing humbly-

high praise from a veteran such as yourself. Thank you.

hope to have many more opportunities. Upon completion, I'm wondering if stretching the section taken from Nightfalls serve was a good idea. The words "Wet outside, no shining sun" and some of the other text look a bit stretched....any comments...honest critique will do more for my skills.

L
    Last edited by ltheiler1; 09-09-2003 at 10:18 PM.

a critique? I can only give you one that I'd consider a personal one... take it as not a professional one... especially since the Arena is all about improving and basically competitive fun.

I like the idea, but I'm not a fan of the colours. The background and your photo really don't mesh too well together; however, the black of the fonts pulls it together somewhat.

The background was a bit busy, but I think with a more coherent color scheme, it could have been pulled a bit better.

Parts of the image seem to be a bit out of focus... the photo, that is. And the blending of the edges is a bit too blurry. a tighter blend would do it.

However, with all of that said, I see the direction you were going, and with a little bit more time, it would have melded a bit tighter. Not saying it's not good... just being more careful with layer masks and colors is something to work toward.

Please take this all as constructive criticism. Don't follow trends, which you didn't. And with that, I say keep up the good work.

I can't wait to see more from you.