A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2A Announces "Prophecy" v.4 Launch Party

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

2A Announces "Prophecy" v.4 Launch Party

ALISO VIEJO, Calif., — June 3, 2003—2Advanced Studios, LLC in association with Bacardi® DJ today announced that they will host an industrywide event, Never Rain ’03, featuring world-renowned DJ, Christopher Lawrence on July 16, at the Galaxy Theater in Orange County in celebration of the launch of “Prophecy,” the highly anticipated fourth version of the 2Advanced website.

“We envisioned that the unveiling of our newest release should be a momentous experience forever engrained into the memories of our creative peers, enthusiastic fans and supportive friends,” states Tony Novak, Chief Operating Officer. “We simply came to the realization that what better way to honor our latest release than through the spirit of the music that was most influential to its creation. As such, our minds wandered upon the idea to unveil ‘Prophecy’ in union with a night of creative inspiration, and spirit.”

Never Rain ’03 is a long overdue interactive event in Southern California, which will open minds and stir the senses. The “Fight for the Future” begins on July 16, as 2Advanced reveals “Prophecy” v.4, a destination that will arouse inner senses and emotions and awaken visitors to the possibilities for the future. Never Rain ’03 seeks to bring together the Design Community and Internet Professionals to share in a night of celebration and artistic stimulation featuring the tough progressive and sleek techno trance sets of Christopher Lawrence.

"Hearing Christopher Lawrence for the first time, nearly six years ago, represented the birth of a new era inside of me, a time when everything seemed new and possible, and 2Advanced was one of those possibilities," said Eric Jordan, President.

Over the past three years, 2Advanced Studios has worked feverishly to progress the World Wide Web and the overall perception of the Internet beyond a two-dimensional experience into a world of limitless media boundaries. Through an underlying obsession for New Media, and a passion for motion, music, interactivity and design, 2Advanced has had to continually raise the bar for creative thought and progressive technology. “Prophecy” has been in the making over the past year and depicts the company’s latest vision of Web and New Media evolution.

“We recognize that the impact our small company has made to raise the collective conscience of the Internet community on the whole demands that we continue to push our own limits and untapped creative potential,” states Novak. “With our upcoming ‘Version 4’ release of the 2Advanced Studios website, we believe we have once again achieved this goal.”

Never Rain ‘03 is co-sponsored by Bacardi® DJ (www.bacardidj.com) and is targeted to draw a crowd from throughout the Web, Design and Internet Community. Accordingly, during the first two weeks, ticket sales for the event will be available exclusively through the 2Advanced website (www.2advanced.com) or directly from the URL: http://www.neverrain.com. The remaining ticket sales (if any) will then be made available through the Galaxy Theater to the general public. The ticket cost is $23 for those 18 years and older.

Doors open at 6 p.m. and attendees are encouraged to come early to mingle with industry peers. The unveiling of “Prophecy v.4” will be showcased on a big screen followed be a three minute 2A “Prophecy” video reel. Guests will enjoy a special treat as 2A’s own in-house DJ, Eric Jordan will spin a one hour set, followed directly by headliner Christopher Lawrence.

For more information, please visit the 2Advanced website (www.2advanced.com).

# # #

About 2Advanced Studios
    2Advanced Studios is forging the evolution of new media firms. With International acclaim and an award-winning portfolio, we have redefined the standard for interactive design and development. Our creative insights enable us to transform our client’s messages beyond simple expression, into an intuitive presentation of the subject matter. Through innovation and experience, our firm is shaping the new face of the web and interactive media. 2Advanced has established a large base of client relationships with well known companies such as Bacardi, Ford Motors, Warner Brothers, America Online, J. Walter Thompson, Vulcan, and NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins. In the past year alone, 2Advanced has received significant recognition in more than 40 different magazine articles and contributed to the writing of 12 books.

About BacardiDJ
    BACARDI® is always a part of the party, and as an easy extension of our entire "PARTY" promotion, BACARDI® introduced the Bacardi DJ, www.bacardidj.com. Two things make a party great - music and spirits. BACARDI® is the top selling rum worldwide, and is already well represented at the party. But in order to achieve party greatness, BACARDI® decided to promote the people behind the music of the world's greatest parties - the DJ's - to create the perfect party combination. BACARDI® has promoted "mixin’ cocktails” and "mixin’ music” since 1862 and will continue the effort in search of promoting the perfect "PARTY!"

About Christopher Lawrence
    The winner of the “Best DJ” award at the Dancestar USA 2002 Awards and one of the highest ranking American artists in DJ Magazine’s prestigious “Top 100” DJs of 2001, Christopher Lawrence is recognized worldwide as one of the top DJs and producers. Dubbed “A Superstar DJ” by the US’ Mixer and “One of the biggest names in the dance scene” by CNN, Christopher Lawrence is one of the biggest and most respected names in dance music today. Voted #6 in BPM Magazine's "America's Favorite DJs" list for 2002, Christopher Lawrence has revolutionized American dance music and earned global popularity. Christopher's production skills, coupled with his ability to take international dance floors by storm with his tough progressive and sleek techno trance sets, place him in high demand worldwide.

For media inquiries, contact:
    Jami Beaton
    2Advanced Studios
    jami@2advanced.com
    949.330.7588 (direct)
    949.584.9669 (cell)

mullet king
    I have a feeling that is going to rock
    I bet the site will too

I can already imagine the "Its not that good" comments about v4 though

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Tony man, bring the party down under, come to melb, I can hook you up with a venue! :P

lol I can just see me there with my fake id and a a beard:

"yes I'm here for the 2advanced *cough*trendwhores*cough* party."

"may I see your ticket please sir?"

"certainly!"

*kicks security guard in the shins and runs into a small room with EJ and tpnovak playing on a keyboard*

I'm sure it will be better than that!

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Some how I don't think it will be :P

18+? Noooooooooooo!!!
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

so are all the people who went with the center aligned, nav across top, big pic in middle, more horizontal nav, and three columns of content with a lot of blinking fades going to change their sites or say now that their's isn't a 2a rip because it doesn't look anything like their new site???

Originally posted by erova
    so are all the people who went with the center aligned, nav across top, big pic in middle, more horizontal nav, and three columns of content with a lot of blinking fades going to change their sites or say now that their's isn't a 2a rip because it doesn't look anything like their new site???
    Or is someone who over-analyses things going to predict the actions of a few hundred-thousand individual people and ruin a perfectly healthy thread...

Or is there going to be that one person, who just really DOESNT CARE?!!?!?!?

Someone has issues with 2A.

It's too bad they didn't push back the Prophecy launch until September so they could compete with Half Life 2.

Originally posted by bvgroote
    Or is someone who over-analyses things going to predict the actions of a few hundred-thousand individual people and ruin a perfectly healthy thread...

Or is there going to be that one person, who just really DOESNT CARE?!!?!?!?
    Um, first of all, it was a generalization, not an analysis. Big difference.

Secondly, I wasn't predicting anything. I was raising a question.

Thirdly, I hardly doubt I ruined a perfectly good thread. I raised what I think is a valid point about the few hundred thousand individual people who base their sites off of 2A...perhaps you thought I was 2A bashing? Come on.

I'm not too excited about the 18+ thing.. *sigh*, but it sounds very cool, I wish I could go

mullet king
    I wonder if the 2A servers will handle the hits when they release it..

a lil extravagent for a site release...but if i lived near there i'd go too
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

You know if I had the money, connections and the justified confidence they have, I'd throw a bash too. Why the heck not ya know? It's 2A's party time after working hard to design the new version of their online portfolio.

Erova's question is a good one. The answer is yes, the rip talk wil continue long after version 3 goes the way of the dinosaur. And besides, they will link to it from their homepage like they do now with version 2. Someone will always know.

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by MG315
    a lil extravagent for a site release...but if i lived near there i'd go too
    Perhaps... But we are doing it more for the "decompression" factor which will be sorely needed following the month of June. Makes perfect sense, right? As soon as we are done with Prophecy... We party all night and feel sick and can't work the next day!...
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

Umm, I know 2A is a fantastic site on the net. Yes, it set many trends, and gave me a minor seizer the first time I saw it out of excitement. But this whole laucnh party is a little bit of an overkill! They have a right to be pompous and arrogant, they are one, if not the, best. But seriously! Who is going to spend 500$ to fly out to CA and then pay X$ to get in and see them take a few clicks! They better have free Bicardi all over the place!!!

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by skierbit
    Umm, I know 2A is a fantastic site on the net. Yes, it set many trends, and gave me a minor seizer the first time I saw it out of excitement. But this whole laucnh party is a little bit of an overkill! They have a right to be pompous and arrogant, they are one, if not the, best. But seriously! Who is going to spend 500$ to fly out to CA and then pay X$ to get in and see them take a few clicks! They better have free Bicardi all over the place!!!
    Umm... I think you missed the point of my last post. The idea isn't to come to the party and see a few clicks of the new site... The idea is to come listen to DJ's like Chistopher Lawrence (and others). The event is open to everyone and will more than likely sell out simply due to the lineup. We'll all be there winding down and enjoying the music that inspired it's creation.

I don't know how it is in your area, but in Southern California events bringing local industry people together are few and far between. We never intended people to come from all over the world, but then again if they did... That would be quite flattering.
    :: Tony Novak ::
    2Advanced Studios

http://www.2advanced.com/

Yeah, I can't believe how some people are taking this information. It's beyond comprehension. They're happy to be releasing the new version of their site and they are openly inviting you, me, anyone to come join them to let off steam, kick back and listen to good music. I got your back, Tony!

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    If I had the cash, I'd fly out there. Just to shmooze. For it is in shmoozing that I truly excel.

Should've been a politician.

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by tpnovak
    The idea is to come listen to DJ's like Chistopher Lawrence (and others). The event is open to everyone and will more than likely sell out simply due to the lineup. We'll all be there winding down and enjoying the music that inspired it's creation.
    I would go but I'm a little old for this 'disk jockey' type of music.