A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Reflection

Reflection

ok in my movie i have two lines of text a line and then hte same line underneath flipped upside down and backwards like a reflection is there a way to make my "reflection" wave/ripple appearing like it is reflecting off of water
    Tucker James

Super Moderator
    Break the text into characters (Transforms > Break apart ?). Move the characters in each key frame to simulate the wave action.

Hope this is what you meant: I did this with an actionscript provided by Wilbert Brants
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally posted by henkvg
    Hope this is what you meant: I did this with an actionscript provided by Wilbert Brants
    Nice one Henkvg,
    That is how I would have done it to! (no time for tweening ).

Wilbert has done some truly great stuff with KM.
    http://www.geboortegrond.nl/km/

Hilary

--

thanx

this will work but not exactly what i was looking for i wanted an effect such as this java applet :: http://javaboutique.internet.com/DS_Ripple/
    Tucker James

Actually yes this can be done fairly easily and with 0 Scripting.

What you do is create an Image and a bunch of Masks.

The Flash Tut on how to do it is here http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Sp...-528/index.php

And I have Sucessfully recreated this effect in KoolMoves. I'll see if I can't dig up the .FUN

Anyhow Inside of KoolMoves you Import a JPG. Then Create 4 MC's. In Each MC you will have teh JPG on the Lowest Layer and above it a Letter O converted to a shape and a MASK or Roundish Shape that is masked. From There its simply a mater of timing the Expansion of Your O's and the fade ouit of the Image coincide and Synch with each other.

THANX>>>>>?????

OK This Tut. Is Greast but masking is a whole new concept to me so if somone could help me i would be eternally greatful aslo i need this effect juts on one line of text is this possible??????
    Tucker James

Degenerate and baise art thou. docree's Avatar
    One line... Only if many lines could be written on one.
    [In other words not likely.]
    I have written a tut last night. Involves image splices that are animated by the animator.
    No action script or masking needed.
    [I do reccomend using masking as my method is simple, but tedious.]

Expect to have the tutorial uploaded tonite.
    Doc'Ree

Re: THANX>>>>>?????

Originally posted by tucker2525
    OK This Tut. Is Greast but masking is a whole new concept to me so if somone could help me i would be eternally greatful aslo i need this effect juts on one line of text is this possible??????
    Small example (photo borrowed from site stated by you only for demonstration purpose }

THANX AGAIN

Hey henkvg I completely got that! thanx i have one more question though when i make something a movie clip how can i/ did you get the ripple (circle) the same it wont let me copy and paste?
    Tucker James

Masking is simple. You Draw a shape, bring up the property box, tab over to behavior, and select is a mask to yes and set the Depth.

The way the mask works is that only the mask is visible. If you click Ctrl M the workspace will show what is visible in the final swf.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: THANX AGAIN

Originally posted by tucker2525
    Hey henkvg I completely got that! thanx i have one more question though when i make something a movie clip how can i/ did you get the ripple (circle) the same it wont let me copy and paste?
    Well:Import the background image, copy and paste it, create an O, select the copied picture and the O and convert them to a movieclip. Open the movieclip, select the O. select properties of shapes and text and make the O a mask, depth 1. Add the appropriate number of frames and make the O move the way you want it. Close the movieclip and do exactly the same as above until you have a least 4 different but alike movieclips. Adjust the different timelines of your movieclip and, when needed, the transparency of the pictures in the movieclips. Just play with them until you have a satisfying result.

The "problem" with copied movieclips is that , when you change one of them, every copy changes the same way . They 're clones and stay clones.

For Bob:
    It would be very handy when there would be a possibilty to adjust if a copied movieclip will go on as a clone or that it would start its own live, like shapes, who are a symbol or not.
    Cheers

More or less the same only doing it the actionscript way and added a little shadow.
    Maybe a usefull example for those interested in actionscript.

Re: Re: THANX AGAIN

Originally posted by henkvg

For Bob:
    It would be very handy when there would be a possibilty to adjust if a copied movieclip will go on as a clone or that it would start its own live, like shapes, who are a symbol or not.
    Cheers
    This has actually been a nusiance for quite a while.I believe Bob said he was working on that. I know sent him an email about that.

The AS method works too.. Either way is acceptable. If you AS it you can cut down on file size some- buit that's true in almost everycase.